Monday, September 14, 2009

Orange Chiffon Cake


Had been quite sometimes since I spend some time in the kitchen to do my own things. Having two small baby at home really occupied a lot of my times. Of course, I love the times spend with them ha ha..

So today when I reach home around 5 plus, I decided to bake a simple orange chiffon cakes which I have never tried before. Plan to have it for tomorrow's breakfast as well to brush up my chiffon making skill coz they say once you stop then you'll forget all the technique in making a good cakes as the more experienced you are then the better the cake you made..

The Chiffon cake is a conversion from the pandan chiffon cake that I had made before. The texture is still nice and soft but I think I had put on a little too much sugar. I should have reduced if the orange juice added was sweet. But overall it's still a good soft yummy cake.
Ingredient:
(A)
5 egg yolks
80g Sugar
(B)
100g Orange Juice
1 tsp Orange Paste
50g Corn Oil
(C)
75g Plain Flour
35g Corn Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
(D)
5 egg whites
60g Sugar
1/4tsp Cream of Tartar
Method : 23cm Chiffon Mould
Preheat oven at 170 degree C
Part A:
1. Whisk (A) till the egg yolks turn creamy pale
2. Add in (B) to step 1 and mix well
3. Then fold in (C) and mix well
Part B:
1. Whisk (D) at max speed until stiff
2. Add in 1/3 meringue into Part A mixture and mix well
3. Pour this mixture back to the balance meringue and fold well till the mixture is smooth
4. Pour into a clean & grease free 23 mould and bake for 50 min or till cooked.
5. Invert cooked cake to cool. Remove from mould once cake is completely cool
Happy trying..

No comments:

Post a Comment