Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cornflakes Cookies


Today I woke up very early.. at around 5.10am coz Jay Ee wan to play ha ha.. then went back to sleep and woke up almost around 11.30am. After having my brunch and since we are not going out till 3pm so decide to try out the cornflakes cookies recipe which I got from Bake 4 Fun.

The cornflakes cookies is really very simple to made. But I think I had put too much of the cornflakes coz i bought the one with more than the 325g packing as with hari raya around the corner the cornflakes are also coming in bigger packing and i didn't crush it enough into smaller pieces. So it was a bit hard to form the dough into small balls.

The cookies was a bit burned coz i put it for 30 min. I think next time round will lower the temperature to 150 degree C and maybe put it for 25 min only. I think coz of the different type of oven used so it's always better to check you oven and test the cookies accordingly.

Overall, the cookies turn out to be quite nice - suit my taste - crunchy and not sweet. Thanks to Bake 4 Fun, I have found the right cornflakes cookies recipe. will definitely bake it for the coming CNY.


Ingredients:
300g Self-raising flour
1 Egg
240g Butter
180g Fine Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1 big box of cornflakes (325g)
Cherry for decoration (optional)
Methods:
Mix butter, sugar, egg till sugar melts.
Add vanilla essence
Add flour slowly (bit by bit)
Add in crushed cornflakes.
Make it round and place a bit of cherry in the middle.
Bake in 160deg C for 30-40 minutes or till golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Hi LiShan, Nice try. Though I use the 325g package of cornflakes, I did not put in all into the recipe. I still have some balance of cornflakes. I crushed the cornflakes and added to the dough and mix. Afterwhich, when I scoop a small spoonful of dough (I had a bowl of crushed cornflakes set aside), I coated the dough into the crushed cornflakes and try to squeeze in somemore flakes. So when u see my cornflakes picture, you can see it was well coated with crushed cornflakes all over.
    As for oven temp, you have to adjust accordingly.:) Hope above infor helps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eron, Thanks for the tips.. yes I just pour in all the cornflakes and thought that it should be like that ha ha.. Will try your method next time when I bake the cookies again but overall it still taste yummy..

    ReplyDelete