Saturday, September 19, 2009

Egg Tart




Egg tart is one of my husband favourite food. Whenever he go Kota Kinabalu he will sure try to buy some nice egg tart from there. He claimed that the egg tart from one of the stall in Centrepoint is the best egg tart he ever had with a crispy crust and the watery of the egg custard.


Had been telling my husband that I'll try and made it but had never attempted on this little project ha ha.. It all started with my sister-in-law who had been trying to made egg tart in preparation for puasa. She was thinking of selling this egg tart during the puasa period as usually there are a lots of stall to sell food during this period. The egg tart they did tasted quite nice and so I asked for the recipe.


SO I used the reciped shared by my sister-in-law but changed the crust to puff pastry as that's what my husband required. To cut short the process, I just used the store bought puff pastry. The first batch turn out quite good but the 2nd batch I made some of the egg custard flooded the pastry and therefore the egg tart didn't turn out fluffy like the rest. Also I think either I overbaked or the temperature of the oven was too high so the custard strink in size once it cool down.


It was a good try though, never knew that making a egg tart was so hard ha ha.. Hubby enjoyed his breakfast on thursday morning ha ha.. Asked me to try and made it again..

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    Nice looking egg tarts :) I've not tried my hands on egg tarts yet. When we crave for one, we'll always buy from Dott's egg tart here in KK. Don't know whether that's the one your husband used to buy.. Quite famous here.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My husband usually go the the 'Prince of egg tart" it's a small stall at centrepoint. It's quite easy but since i'm using the ready made puff pastry for egg tart this time so still got a lot of thing need to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Li Shan,
    Your blog is great, I'll stop by often and link your blog.:)

    ReplyDelete