Sunday, September 20, 2009

Polo Bun




Had been thinking of trying the made Polo Bun one day after having seem the recipe at the Famous Cuisine Magazine. It seem quite simple and Brunei dun have nice Polo Bun. So since am not working yesterday so decide to made it as will need some time for the dough to double in size.

However, when i mix the dough it was not as smooth looking as what had been shown in the book so start to feel a bit uneasy as hubby was putting a lot of expectation on the Polo Bun. After adding in the butter, it look more unlike the picture shown as it was very oily. Since it was quite difficult to mix with the philip hand held mixer I decided that maybe I better put my hand to work and start to mix the dough with my hand.

After it double in size have to divide it into small dough and wait for another 10 min. Then the next challenge came on how to put the butter filling on top. Maybe it was my first time to made bread, I was also finding it hard to made the small dough into nice round ball. But after a while it was ok. But hubby say since we are trying it out no need to bake all first so I just baked 9 pieces of the dough.

As was busy with my two sons, so when i put in the 1st batch of the dough I forgot to put glaze it with egg. And when it was done, it didn't look like the Polo Bun as there was no crack on the top and it look quite hard. Was already disappointed with the look already. But when hubby try it he say it was nice.. then only i also try it and find that eventhough it look hard but was soft inside and the topping was nice.

So start to put the 2nd batch to bake, but since I just left the dough to double in size and did not put the topping, it was harder to put the topping. So i put quite a thick layer of the topping and this time i remember to glaze it with an egg.. And wa..la.. it look and taste nicer.. coz the first batch i didn't put enough of the topping therefore there was not much of the topping to crack and with no egg glaze it didn't shine nicely.

It was a really good learning for me. ha ha.. So next time will put a thicker layer of the topping and remember to glaze it with an egg.




No comments:

Post a Comment