Friday, October 30, 2009

Vanilla Blueberry Chiffon Cake & Scones







Wee wee had been quite picky on his food recently and becoz i was quite busy I just instruct my maid to cook noodles, cereal etc for his breakfast. So on wednesday after work I decided to made some scones a day ahead so that he can have it for his breakfast the next day.

At the same while waiting for the scones ( as it need to be fridged for 1/2 hour so that the butter dun melt), I decided to try to made the vanilla chiffon cake which I had failed to made the other day. So was busy for almost 2 hours in the kitchen as making both the scones and the cake at the same time.

The scones turn out quite nice and fluffy. This time the vanilla chiffon was a success, it turn out quite soft. I didn't know what actually went wrong the other day.. was it the ingredient, was it me or my skill.. Something to think about ha ha.

I left the cake overnight not knowing what to put for filling and how to decorate. And being lazy to go to the bakery to get new ingredient I just went to my fridge and see what I got. Well luckily, I still got some blueberry, non-dairy whip cream and dairy whip cream. Frankly speaking I dun really know the difference between the two type of whip cream expect that one is dairy and the other is non-dairy. Maybe I should do a research in which is better and more stable for cake decoration.

Since I still got some blueberry filling, so decide to put it to use. Coz it was not enough to made the blueberry torte so I just use it as it is. Didn't have any idea on how to decorate the cake, so just simply put some chocolate rice I have in the fridge on the side. And since still got some much of cream left I decide to try on my skill or piping the cream.. It was tough to do it right but very interesting as well. Tough in the sense that firstly, i have no piping background and secondly the dairy whip cream was very soft - seem like it's melting maybe due to the hot air in the kitchen. SO just trying my luck to made the best out of it.

But surprisingly the icing pattern was there he he.. just need more practice. It was a good try but i really think I must improve my piping skill by either going to classes to get some hand on or learn from books as well as get more decorating ideas he he.. I think this time it's not so attractive. Really admire the cake designed by a lot of home bakers wonder where their insiprations come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment