Friday, October 23, 2009

Chocolate Banana Cake








Two weeks had passed and were very stressed at work so had not made any cake. Had been planning to made this cake since my last visit to KK. What inspired me to made it ?? Well I had tasted the nice Chocolate Banana Cake at Secret Recipe - It's very Chocolatic, rich yet not sweet.

So decided to give it a try to made my own Chocolate Banana Cake. It was quite challenging coz firstly I couldn't find chocolate whip cream in Brunei - Luckily Brenda shared with me that we do make our own chocolate whip cream by just adding cocoa powder to the normal whip cream. Secondly, was having difficult in making the side of the cake smooth with the whip cream. Because of not being able to made it smooth so when the chocolate ganache dry it dun look smooth on the side. Lastly, I didn't wait for the whip cream to set for enough time before I pour the chocolate ganache. The result was that the whip cream also slide off abit from the side. There was also the issue of taking the cake out from the tray after the chocolate dry. I just wonder how it was done.

The cake turn out very good - not sweet, yet rich and chocolatic and well the banana match in so nicely. Definitely a good try and Yeah I did it !!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I also love this Banana Choc Cake from Secret Recipe. I think you have done a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You did it! :) I feel like wanna eat it now.. yum..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, first time to your blog. I also have the same problem, wondering how the cake is being transferred after decorating with the chocolate ganache. Nevertheless, I think your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete