Monday, March 1, 2010

Father & Mother's Birthday Celebration




Today is mum's Birthday (Lunar date) and father's advance birthday celebration (6th March). So we went out for dinner at Thiam Hock and of course, I baked the birthdays cake for them. Yes two 7" cake.

I used Kevin Chai's birthday cake recipe and made one Mango blueberry Cake and Oreo Cake. It was my first time to decorate the cake with mango. And it gave me quite of a challenge in putting the slided mango on top of the cake and last minute due to I didn't buy any strawberry for decoration, I used chocolate for the top as decoration.

And well the Oreo Cake was meant for the kids as I know they might like the mango blueberry cake. Hubby commented that the Oreo Cake design is not nice coz it's plain black and white - whip cream and chocolate.

Am so happy coz everyone liked the cake. As predicted the children all asked for the Oreo Cake whereas all the adults prefer the Mango Blueberry Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment