Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cream Cheese Chiffon

Today I try a recipe from Alex goh's cheese book - cream cheese chiffon. I didn't took picture of the chiffon being it break during baking and I use a too big chiffon mould therefore the cake had came out very low and flat ha ha..

But though I would share on how these recipe turn out. Texture is good but not much of cheese taste in it. To me, the cream cheese in the cake is not enough and the cake didn't smell as nice as most cake would do when you add in cream cheese. SO maybe when I try it again I'll add more cream cheese so that you can really smell and taste the cream cheese in the cake. But still would like to share the cake recipe here..

Ingredient :
a. 60g milk
40g Cream Cheese
25g Butter
b. 65g flour
c. 4 egg yolks (large egg weight 60g without the shell)
d. 4 egg whites
100g sugar
pinch of salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Methods:
1. Cook (a) over double boiler until well blended and it thickens
2. Remove it from double boiler. Add (b) and mix until smooth
3. Add (c) and mix until well combined
4. Whip the egg whites in (d) until foamy. Add in the rest of the (d) ingredients. Whip till stiff. And add in the cheese mixture from step 3. Fold in by hand till well combined
5. Pour into 9" chiffon pan. Bake at 175 degree celcius for 35-40 min. Remove from oven and invert the cake pan and let it cool.

Overall, my son still like to eat the cake.. he he..

No comments:

Post a Comment