Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Swiss Roll


SInce getting my new oven, I had made anything with it beside the pizza but i didn't manage to get a pic of the pizza I had made. Yesterday, I had just went out and got a new baking pan specially for making swiss roll - 10"x 14" pan.


So after looking at all the recipe available i finally decide to made a chocolate swiss roll from Kevin Chai's elegant swiss roll book. But wanted to made a easy filling so I just thought I'll put in the blueberry filling I just bought together whipped cream.


The ingredient for the chocolate swiss roll was simple and straightforward where it only uses egg, sugar, flour, butter and cocoa. And I had reduced the temperature to 170 degree and it only took around 15 min to get done.


I thinkbeing new to making swiss roll I lack the experience in putting the right amount of filling as well as rolling up the swiss roll and did i made a big mess ha ha. And yes as you can see from the picture there was not enough filling in the centre. SO Will need more practice of swiss roll making.

No comments:

Post a Comment