Sunday, November 15, 2009

Banana Chiffon Cake







There was quite a lot of banana leftover and seem like no one are eating it ha ha. So I thought why not made use of it and decided to made another round of banana chiffon cake. Had not made this cake for quite sometimes and had already forgetton all abt it.

As usual chiffon most impt technique i guess is beating the egg whites to stiff consistent and another one would be mixing it with the egg yolk batter and made sure that it's not over mixed. I think I'm getting better with chiffon cake making and it's quite easy.

I added an additional egg to the actual recipe as the egg was quite small. I guess the actual recipe asked for medium or large egg so decide to put in an additional one more. The cake turn out as expected very soft - when I cut the cake, the was a watery sound so am not sure whether is it I put too much egg so it's too soft and wet. But when I taste it, it was just nice but it was a bit sweet. I totally forgot to reduce it. So will try to remember to reduce the sugar the next round.

2 comments:

  1. Nice even browning. My chiffon is always skinless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's really difficult to get a perfect browning on the chiffon cake. But practice made perfect ! :)

    ReplyDelete