Friday, October 15, 2010

My 1st Cake Order


This is my very first cake order. Felt very pressured coz I'm not expert in decoration but taste wise shouldn't be a problem.


So this time round I got a order from an old friend who saw my cake picture in Facebook and decide to order the cake for her husband. ANd my husband was the one promoting the cake for me. So all of a sudden when I heard that I am getting a cake order, I start to panic.. what if....


But since there was a demand and also dun wan to reject my friend, I decided to take the challenge with great support from hubby.


The ingredient and process of making was much familiar to me. So I ensure all ingredients are ready but you know what... There was no stock of the normal mango I used to buy and give good results... I was not sure of what to do. I went around a few shops but there was still no the usual mango I used.


It seem that this was already a new season for the Thai green mango.. therefore the sweet and sour nice thai mango with the yellow skin was no way to be found. SO I PANIC... WHAT to do.. and I was only 1 days to go before I had to pass the cake to my friend.


So I decided to try another type of mango. It's green skinned, nothing nice looking. I bought some home to try and the one I try was half rotten and the other half was nice. I was a bit glad.


Then I got another heart attack when one of the mango was eaten. The reason being that most of the mango there was not ripe so I had to put in the rice grain to made it more riper so it dun taste sour. It was both becoz my mango for the cake was eaten halfly and also coz i see that the mango being eaten was not nice in colour( pale yellow) and also it taste sour..


I almost can't sleep. But hubby keep reminding me to think of the good side and everything will go well. SO I crossed my finger and imagine the mango turn out great and went to sleep. Of course just on the safe side, I went n bought more mango.


I find that the mango turn out nice - sweet and soury. the appearance of the cake was great - luckily and my friend's husband like it.. phew... I made it... ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment