Sunday, December 20, 2009

Chocolate Cream Cake - Birthday cake for my niece Xin Xin


Wow.. two weeks had passed since my maid had gone on a month leave. It had been hectic looking after my two boys coz both are very attached to me and wish that they can be hold by me all the time. So I had not had time to do anything except to play with them, wash them and feed them.


Both am glad tat hubby finally took time off for a few day to help me and my niece's birthday is tomorrow so decided to made a birthday cake for her.. my excuse to bake a cake so can try a different and new flavour cake.


Had been trying to decide what cake to bake and hubby finally say that it's best that I check with my brother on what cake his baby girl like .. Xin is turing 5 yrs old. So today the chose of cake is a "Chocolate Cake".


So check my cake book and look for a chocolate and yahoo.. got a simple recipe from Kevin Chai book on a chocolate cream cake and decide to put it to the trial ha ha.. It was quite a simple recipe and I got most of the ingredients.
However, I find that the chocolate cream is so little so not sure whether the cake is creamy enough ha ha as it's a cake for kids and kids just love cream right?? Since it's a cake for a kid and time is short so decided to put a simple design for it.. So the cake topped with fresh whipped cream with M&M chocolate on top and is cover at the bottom with flowery mashmallow..
A Happy Birthday to you Xin, hope you like the cake yee yee made for u...

No comments:

Post a Comment